New Mexico Horse Adventures is proud to announce that we are partnering with the Express UU ranch in Northern New Mexico to offer cattle ranch vacations beginning in 2012.
This will give us the opportunity to offer small, custom vacations with lots of trail riding opportunities along with basic and intermediate horseback riding lessons, cattle moving and working lessons, demonstrations, and actual cattle moving opportunities. Each experience will be custom designed for each group's interests and abilities. The ranch has a wonderful lodge as well as a very nice bunkhouse and the meals are delicious.
Participants can bring their own horses or use one of our Morgans. All of our horses have extensive trail and ranch experience and have been used for lessons and trail rides by riders of all experience levels.
The ranch is located just south of Cimarron in Northern New Mexico. Nearby is the Philmont Boy Scout Ranch and one of the early homes of Kit Carson. In the town of Cimarron is the world famous St. James Hotel which is rumored, or proved, to be haunted. We will journey into town one evening for dinner and a talk about this famous place and the Wild West history of Cimarron.
The typical schedule for a 3 day vacation will be:
- Check - in to the Ranch between 3 and 5 pm
- 6 pm - Intro meeting on the lodge deck and a tour of the facilities
- 7pm - Dinner in the lodge and then a presentation about the ranch's history
- 7am - breakfast in the lodge with the cowboys
- 9am - meet at the stables to groom and tack horses
- 9:30-9:45am - take horses to the ranch's arena for a basic or intermediate lesson. Depending on the group's abilities and interests we could also include an introduction to working with cattle in this session.
- 11:30am - Return horses to the stable and break for lunch
- 1:30 - Meet at the stables, tack horses and head out for an all afternoon trail ride
- 4:30-5pm - Return to stables, un-tack and wash horses
- 6pm - Meet on the deck for drinks and then dinner
- 7:30-9pm - Evening entertainment
- This day will be a flexible schedule as we will work with the ranch to coordinate a cattle moving experience. We may have another practice session in the ranch arena or we may head out for a cattle moving activity right after breakfast. If it is an all day drive, we will break for lunch with the ranch hands along the drive.
- Dinner will be at the St. James Hotel in Cimarron where we will be treated to wonderful food and a presentation about the hotel and the Wild West history of Cimarron.
- This day will also have a flexible schedule depending on what happened during day three. But there will be riding and cattle moving opportunities.
- Dinner at the end of the day will be at the ranch with some evening entertainment.
- 7am - Breakfast with the cowboys.
- 9am - Farewells and Good-Byes
Guests who want to stay an extra day or so to go sightseeing can make arrangements with the ranch.
As part of your Western Lifestyles Vacation we will take photos of you working with your horses, saddling and tacking them up, and riding during your stay at the ranch. We will give each participant a CD of their images before you leave the ranch.
The approximate cost per person for this wonderful vacation will be $1,750.00 for everything at the ranch - lodging, meals, use of the horses, instruction on riding and working with cattle. These sessions can be scheduled just about any time in July, August and September 2012.